[ODE] ODE Message 2: Vector has zero size and NaN values.

Gonçalo Lopes goncaloclopes at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 11:08:51 MST 2007

Hi all,

I'm currently working in an interactive application with physics and
I've been getting this strange warning message:

ODE Message 2: Vector has zero size

coming from dNormalize4() and shortly after this, ODE starts spitting
out invalid floating point values (NaNs) for body positions inside the
simulation.

Any clue has to what can usually cause this error? I've checked
collision functions but everything's quite simple and no strange
values pop up.

I'm hammering in positions for dynamic collision bodies every few
frames so I thought this might influence the contacts, but I really
have no clue has to what I should be looking for.

Many thanks,

Gonçalo