[ODE] CAD to ODE?

Bill Sellers wis at mac.com
Fri Jun 22 05:39:35 MST 2007

Hi David,

I've done this a few times and its actually a real pain to get
everything in the right coordinate system. My models get built in
FormZ and I always end up doing quite a lot of geometry to get
everything specified right (orientations, centres of mass, joints
etc). I find it easier to keep everything in some global reference
system but I still end up with issues about the orientations of the
moments of inertia and the local coordinate systems of the segments.
There's always some hand cleanup to do although if you can specify
metadata in Pro/ENGINEER then that may help.

Cheers
Bill