[ODE] ODE spatial inconsistency

Marcin Pilat pilat at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Wed Jun 20 19:07:49 MST 2007

Hmm... I think I came up with a solution.

But first, a question: what is the error on an ODE step?

It seems that using a step of 0.01, the error is about 1.0e-6, so if
after every step I take, I round off all the positions and
orientations of all my bodies to 1.0e-6, the simulation (at leas the
test one) produces consistent results.  I always assumed that the
error of ODE is the dEpsilon value, but that is e-12 with double
precision.

Which brings me to my second question, if the error is so high, why
not make ode round off the error so that the behaviour of the engine
is consistent?

Any thoughts?

Marcin