[ODE] Mushy Density?

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Tue Jun 12 00:33:38 MST 2007

Density has nothing to do with mushiness. Think of mercury or lead --
very dense, very mushy.

ODE models mushiness using CFM and ERP. Make the ERP high (0.9 or
higher), and make the CFM very small (1e-4 or lower) for nice, crisp
contacts. However, you'll need a smaller time step to make this work,
and at some point, you really won't make it work in floating point at
all, but should instead move over to double precision.

Cheers,

          / h+