[ODE] nonholonomic vehicle path following

Ke kxubb at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 15:05:57 MST 2007

Thanks.
Found one sample code on ODE FAQ section.
 How can I simulate a servo motor?

dReal Gain = 0.1;
dReal MaxForce = 100;

dReal TruePosition = dJointGetHingeAngle(joint);
dReal DesiredPosition = /* whatever */;
dReal Error = TruePosition - DesiredPosition;

dReal DesiredVelocity = -Error * Gain;

dJointSetHingeParam(joint[a], dParamFMax, MaxForce);
dJointSetHingeParam(joint[a], dParamVel,
DesiredVelocity);
seems it uses motor angular velocity (dParamVel) to
achieve the motor position control.
Question:
Can I also use the same way to do steering angles
control in order to achieve desired car-body heading
angles?
I feel it has to wait for the ODE integrator to reach
my desired steering, maybe need couples of time-steps.
But my steering control sequences are given every
time-step. Or any other way we can perform such
similar angular position control?

Ke

--- "STenyaK (Bruno González)" <stenyak at gmail.com>