[ODE] Ode And Threads

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Fri Jun 8 11:33:27 MST 2007

Vic Ulis wrote:
> iget a suspicius "invalid operation for locked space".
> i suspect this is an error produced by threading in my app.
> are ode thread safe?

ODE is documented as explicitly not thread safe.

What I do when I thread ODE apps is to create a single thread that calls
ODE, and farm out all requests to that thread. For initial level set-up
and final tear-down, it might be convenient to do that from another
thread, but if so, you have to make sure the worker thread won't
suddenly wake up while you're in the middle.

Cheers,

          / h+