[ODE] Quickstep and patents

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Thu Jun 7 13:18:11 MST 2007

The PhysX SDK is free. If you target Windows, your worst option would be
to just use that, it seems?

Also, if there's really a case of big-guy-against-little-guy and there
IS clear prior art, then the FSF might be interested in getting
involved. However, patents are notoriously hard to read as a layman,
every word in the claims matters. I haven't read the patent, but it's
quite possible that all this kerfuffle isn't necessarily justified.

Cheers,

          / h+