[ODE] Quickstep and patents

Patrick Enoch Hendrix_ at gmx.net
Thu Jun 7 07:13:59 MST 2007

Hello all,

this is really funny!

How exactly do these patents work? Is only the *full interaction of
all parts* patented (e.g. SOR + Systemmatrix + Mass-matrix), or *all
single parts seperately*?

For each single part, there should be thousands of references BEFORE
2004. For example, Gauss-Seidel originates at least back to 1855
(that is when Gauss died), SOR is a modification also known a long time.

Massmatrix should be covered in any "applied engineering" book
covering physical properties.

"Jacobian" of joint-freedoms, OMG how old is that exactly? I think
the introduction of lambda is a smart move, but there should be a
reference for that, too. BTW, Mr. Jacobi died 1851.

Best regards,
Patrick