[ODE] gravitational force / unstable joints

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Tue Jul 31 09:06:30 MST 2007

It all depends on what units you put into ODE. If you put in SI units,
then you want gravity to be -9.82 or so (depending on where on Earth you
are). The unit is "force per mass unit," and this means about 10 newtons
per kilogram of mass. It gets turned into an impulse when you step it (i
e, multiplied by the time step size, each time).

Cheers,

          / h+