[ODE] Arbitrarily positioning bodies connected by joints

Deak Szabolcs ancient at ludens.elte.hu
Mon Jul 30 04:21:31 MST 2007

"The anchor is specified in world coordinates" - means that *you* specify the
anchor in world coordinates when you set it. It is then transformed to the
body space of the bodies connected by the joints, and it is used in the
relative coordinate form for all internal calculations.
So both statements are true, and the relevant one in this case is that you
*don't* have to reset anchors if you transform the connected bodies except for
those anchors that are set to the world. In fact, resetting the anchors could
induce/enhance joint drift since joints are usually not *perfectly* satisfied
during any timestep..