[ODE] gravitational force / unstable joints

Tobias Zimmer tozim at gmx.de
Fri Jul 27 13:31:06 MST 2007

Good evening all!
(At least that's what is in my country...)

Today I decided to adjust my construct to more realistic parameters. But
when
I switched the worldgravity to -9.81, nearly all joints collapsed!

That is my biggest problem with ODE, the joints just don't stick
together, even
with dParamSuspensionCFM=1e-5 for my Hinge2.

Even at a gravitation of -1 I could severe problems with the joints, not
even
my fixed joints stay together! I know I shouldn't use them, but my
Universal joints
danced around like drugged ravers although I set histop as well as
lowstop to 0!

best regards,
Tobias