[ODE] code quality again

erwin@erwincoumans.com erwin at erwincoumans.com
Wed Jul 11 09:57:37 MST 2007

Lack of ODE code quality was one of the many reasons to start Bullet Physics
Library from scratch.

>>You will find that the other free or free-ish systems (Bullet, Gimpact, Newton, etc)
>>have their own problems, with performance, stability,  flexibility, or a combination thereof.

Open source Bullet Physics (http://bulletphysics.com) is different in this
perspective:

Several professional paid engineers are contributing to Bullet, including
some ex-Ageia PhysX and ex-Havok engineers and console developers (PS3, XBox
360, Wii). Sony let's me work on this project with SPU optimizations,
support licensed developers while maintaining it open source. They even let
me do public talks about collaborations,  the next one is at
Sandbox.siggraph.org.

I'm still intending to contribute collision detection parts from Bullet into
ODE, so it would replace OPCODE. But unless there is more interest from ODE
developers (rather then users), focus is on Bullet.

Erwin
http://bulletphysics.com