[ODE] Read out the contact forces?

Ke kxubb at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 08:17:01 MST 2007

Thanks.
For the velocity of the contact point, we used
dBodyGetRelPointVel(Wheel_body_ID,0,0,-RADIUS,wheel_vel).
here RADIUS is the radius of wheel.
>From car kinematics, all the contact point velocity
should be zeroes or very close to zeroes if the wheel
is pure rolling on the ground. But the read-out from
dBodyGetRelPointVel gave us non-zero numbers.
And we set the contact[i].surface.slip1/2 to a very
small number (1E-12), which should gives us almost
non-slip. but the read-out non-zero numbers says we
still got slip velocity. what happened?
Thanks again.

Ke

--- "Jon Watte (ODE)" <hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org>