[ODE] 0.8-rc1 released

ChrisC zppz at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 23 09:12:06 MST 2007

I notice the entry in the changes:

Optimisation when dGYROSCOPIC is disabled (default)

Is dGYROSCOPIC disabled by default on Linux? I spent
many long hours trying to find out why my Linux
simulation and Windows simulation (same code and data)
diverged with v0.7. It turned out to be because
dGRYOSCOPIC was not defined on Windows, but it was on
Linux. As ./configure says:

configure:6535: checking if gyroscopic term should be
used
configure:6544: result: yes