[ODE] porting ODE to the 360

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Mon Jan 22 11:20:37 MST 2007

The problem is that, with XNA, you can't just use a managed wrapper,
beacause there is no way to build the native DLL for ODE for the Xbox.
It'll work fine on PC, of course, where you can use the DLL. To work on
XNA, you have to re-compile ODE itself using the C# compiler, which
would be a pretty big undertaking.
Maybe C++/CLR, generating "pure" binaries, can actually be made to work;
I haven't tried it, so I don't know.

Cheers,

             / h+