[ODE] Front wheels of car

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Mon Jan 15 14:41:40 MST 2007

What I did was set the desired angle using the hi/lo stops on the joint,
rather than use an amotor. Setting the hi/lo stops will apply the
necessary force to keep them in sync, without you having to worry about
velocities etc.

For Ackermann, I just provided a tunable parameter where the amount of
turn of the inner wheel is X times the outer wheel, which is not
perfectly accurate, but actually worked very well in reality.

Cheers,

             / h+