[ODE] The pushing of a morphing model

Charlls Quarra charlls_quarra at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Jan 14 18:27:11 MST 2007

--- Zanshin <gzanshin at gmail.com> escribió:

> There are some situations I don't know how to model.
>
>> c- (hardest) There's an ethereal cube that occupies
> no space. It gradually
> turns "real", pushing other objects away from it's
> center.

About c, it depends on really what you need it for. If
you just need a visual effect of the etheral cube
pushing away nearby objects, you could create a
outward-pointing force field by creating an invisible
geom of some shape around the cube, and all objects
inside the geom feel the outward force that is greater
near the center (try not to use inverse square laws
since it can blow up objects near the center, or try
1/(1+r^2) which makes a finite force at the center

if you want the ethereal cube to oscillate, you could
sincronize the force with the same oscillation factor
so the force is stronger when the cube is bigger

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas