[ODE] The pushing of a morphing model

Zanshin gzanshin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 10:57:57 MST 2007

Ok, everyone but me knew the "cube slowly turning real" method. :)

For A and B, I suppose that turning the sphere or cube into a mesh, then
morphing the mesh and colliding it would solve the problem. However, taking
into account it will be a second or two of transformation, I was looking for
a simplified method. Maybe the increasing ERP method works in this case too.
In the sphere turning cube case, I could keep the sphere, create a cube
geom, slowly increase it's ERP and when nothing collides with it, destroy
the sphere.

The new question is:
Increasing ERP pushes objects? Or moves them.

For example, if I have a 1cm tall geom with a sphere on it, I create a 2cm
tall geom (that enters the bottom of the sphere) and set its ERP to 1. does
the sphere "pop" up and then falls back to the new 2cm geom? Or is it simply
moved to a height of 2cm.