[ODE] The pushing of a morphing model

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Sat Jan 13 07:24:15 MST 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-13 at 10:31 +0100, Zanshin wrote:

> c- (hardest) There's an ethereal cube that occupies no space. It
> gradually turns "real", pushing other objects away from it's center.

Tricky stuff indeed.

Maybe you can fake it by varying the "Error Reduction Parameter" (ERP).

Start by having it 0.0 (Is this legal in ode?) and slowly increase this.
I would do this logarithmically:
t=0.0 sec : ERP = 0.000000
t=1.0 sec : ERP = 0.000001
t=2.0 sec : ERP = 0.000010
t=3.0 sec : ERP = 0.000100
t=4.0 sec : ERP = 0.001000

I think this will give you the effect that you are after.

Make the cube a geom without a body, and only affect the
ERP for contacts that involve this cube.
I think this would work.

  Bram