[ODE] First steps and collision management.

Justin Bailey jgbailey at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 10:44:28 MST 2007

On 1/12/07, Zanshin <gzanshin at gmail.com> wrote:
>    Hi
>
> I've read the manual but I just need the simplest example to start. I'm
> using 0.7 wrapped by ODE.NET2 and programming in C# in a XNA-GS environment.
> I think I understood a bit but there's something I can't seem to grasp.

One thing it looks like you are missing is adding contact joints to
the world when they collide, and removing them afterwards. Maybe
s.Collide() does that already, though.

I have experimented with Tao.Ode (which just wraps the C ODE dll) and
have had problems in this area too. Even after adding the contact
joints, collisions didn't seem to matter. My sphere object always
falls through my ground object :(

Hopefully someone can help analyze what's missing in your code and I
can apply it to mine.