[ODE] Trimesh collision with fast moving object

Andreas Fredriksson deplinenoise at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 04:44:11 MST 2007

On 1/12/07, Johan Oberg <johan.oberg at vrb.se> wrote:

> What can I do to solve this situation other then upping the simulation
> speed? I can't use anything other then trimesh for my obsicles.

Would it make sense to "fatten" the collision geometry and keep it
separate from the actual wall geometry you use for display purposes?
All games I've worked on have had to do this anyway to support
computational LOD requirements or to work around bugs.

I realize that there might be interior objects in the golf track that
could collide as well, so some objects must be allowed to diverge
somewhat in terms of visual appearance and collision meshes to make
everything stable at high velocities.

// Andreas