[ODE] Failed capsule-box collision

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Tue Jan 9 09:43:11 MST 2007

This sounds like you're testing something different from what you think
you're testing (or rendering something different from what you think
you're rendering). Box/Capsule works very well and is fairly robust in
ODE (and has been for a long time).

Assuming that you've gotten ODE to work well previously, and that, say,
sphere/box works fine, then I would look at the orientation of the
created capsule (as the default axis might be different from what you
expect). I would also look at how you extract the data for rendering
(remeber: ODE quaternions put W first), and make sure the correct
contact joints are created (connecting the box with the capsule) and
cleared each frame.

Cheers,

/ h+