[ODE] Naming of Tests

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Wed Feb 21 07:35:04 MST 2007

Jason Perkins wrote:
> On 2/8/07, Dave Grundgeiger <dave.grundgeiger at codenouveau.com> wrote:
>> Hi. What is the opinion of renaming the existing "tests" to "demos" to avoid
>> confusion with unit tests? This would mean changing the ode\test directory
>> to ode\demo and changing, for example "test_boxstack.cpp" to
>> "demo_boxstack.cpp".
>
> Sorry for the delay, this slipped through the cracks of my to-do list!
> It is now done and checked into SVN. I updated Visual Studio project
> files, but I don't know what needs to be done to fix up the automake
> stuff.

I've checked in the test/demo migration for autotools, so that
it builds properly with the new dir hierarchy.

However, I think the unit-tests (for which we were making room)
were never built on the autotools platforms?
I think we will need some Makefile.am files for
./tests/
./tests/CppTestHarness/
./tests/colliders/
(Assuming that cpptestharness is intended to work on UNIX as well)
I'll try to come up with some Makefile.am's for that.

  Bram

> Jason

Bram Stolk, VR Engineer SARA, Amsterdam.   tel +31 20 592 3000

"Windows is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit
 operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a 2-bit
 company that can't stand 1 bit of competition."