[ODE] ODE behaving differently for different renderers

PKS123 prashant.coder at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 22:05:34 MST 2007

I re-created the whole thing from scratch.
But I ensured that the order in which the things are done, and the values of
the various parameters remain unchanged. So, its essentially using the same
code with a different renderer.

You are right in saying that the problem may be due to use of DirectX as
opposed to OpenGL used in the test_buggy demo. I am using Gamebryo 1.2 which
is an API built over DirectX.

Could you let me know what you may suspect to be the problem in case of
using DirectX. As far as I understand, as long as the Physics worlds are
identical, the rendered worlds should behave the same way. And that what
baffles me.

Prashant