[ODE] Q about OpenGL and rotating objects

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Thu Feb 8 19:53:12 MST 2007

Please do not send private e-mail about things that the list benefits from.

The manual explains pretty well how to write an ODE program:

1) create a world
2) create two spaces
3) create some bodies, with some geoms on them (dynamic), and some geoms
without bodies (static)
4) add static geoms to space 1, and dynamic geoms to space 2
5) create a joint group
6) forever:
6.1) collide space 2 against space 1, and then space 2 against itself
6.2) create contact joints in callback
6.3) apply user control as forces and torques
6.4) dWorldStep of your choice (quick, fast, plain, etc)
6.5) dJointGroupEmpty
6.6) render all the objects where they are now

This really should be in the FAQ, and in some place early in the manual,
btw...

Cheers,

			/ h+