[ODE] New Joints format

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Wed Feb 7 19:43:33 MST 2007

If you put your code into source control, there's no manual work needed.

1) Check in plain ODE to your "trunk"
2) Pull a branch/copy for your own work (call it "working")
3) make changes in working
4) when new ODE comes out, check in changes into trunk
5) use source control merging tool to merge ODE changes into working

Note that you can run source control locally on your own machine, it
doesn't need any particular kind of server or infrastructure. And
checking in your code into a versioned respository every so often is a
Good Idea no matter what you're doing (just like, say, turning off the
circuit breaker before fixing an outlet, or making backups of important
data).

I would recommend Subversion because it's free, robust, and featureful,
but RCS, CVS, Perforce, Bitkeeper and other options are out there.

Cheers,

          / h+