[ODE] XML Formats

chris dragonmagi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 01:34:29 MST 2007

Hi Dave, on the X3D front there are:

XMSF: Extensible Modeling and Simulation Framework
Distributed interactive simulation (DIS) component
X3D has a physics new physics spec but I don't have a pointer to it -
some browser developers have been implementing it.

X3D and VRML have been pretty widely used for academic and to some
lesser extent for MU so virtual worlds. There are/have been some game
efforts. My guess is the usage has been pretty wide but not much in
the area of games and little that uses physics to date.