[ODE] Code quality

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Mon Feb 5 03:08:31 MST 2007

Gero Müller wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have the feeling that the code quality of ODE is decreasing steadily. Many
> patches are simply thrown in. And there seems to be no real coding style
> convention. How about a code quality project?
>
> 1. Setup a wiki page, define the ODE coding style and assign task to some
> members/voluteers.
>
> 2. A wiki page for patch files. Before patches are applied, let them be tested
> and reviewed by the community.
>
> What do you think?
> Gero
> p.s. i'd volunteer for the mass functions..

Hi Gero,

Code quality can indeed be improved, but realize that the breaking of ODE
is done primarily in the release candidates and in SVN trunk. I think
the proper releases of ODE, without a '-rcX' fix are pretty good, not
less than your average open source project.

But of course, we should make the extra effort to keep the quality up.

  Bram

--
Bram Stolk, VR Engineer SARA, Amsterdam.   tel +31 20 592 3000

"Windows is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit
 operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a 2-bit
 company that can't stand 1 bit of competition."