[ODE] Tutorial results in cube disappearing on impact.

Ben Timby btimby at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 09:34:10 MST 2007

I followed the tutorial at:

http://artis.imag.fr/Membres/Xavier.Decoret/resources/ode/tutorial1.html

I made only a few changes, and only to do away with the use of
QVector, I am using simple arrays instead (did not have qt development
package installed when I started working on this).

However, everything works except when the cube collides with the plane
it disappears. It does NOT fall through, I don't see it pass through
the plane, it just disappears.

I have tried changing parameters such as gravity, cfs, boucyness, the
cube's mass etc. to no avail. I have also used qWorldStep() and
dWorldQuickStep().

I placed cout statements throughout the code and can see that 3
contacts are made, the requisite contact joints are created and joined
to the bodies dWorldQuickStep() is then called. This is the point at
which the cube goes away.

I can upload my code if need be, does anyone have any idea of what to look for?

Thanks.