[ODE] Using OpenGL for graphics..

Rich Walker rw at shadowrobot.com
Thu Aug 9 11:43:28 MST 2007

Tobias Zimmer <tozim at gmx.de> writes:

> I know most of you are recommending either Irrlicht or Ogre.
> Chosing one of them is going to be one of my next steps.
> Thus it may at this point of the discussion be interesting to
> read some opinions from you which one is "better" in your
> eyes and why. They seem to offer mostly the same features.

Ogre is being used in the next version of Gazebo, if robots are your
thing. But it took me a *long* time to compile it.

On the  other hand, it's appallingly slow on my (ageing) graphics card -
whereas Irrlicht does a halfway acceptable job there, and compiled
pretty quickly...

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
www.shadowrobot.com/hand/overview.shtml