[ODE] Using OpenGL for graphics..

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Tue Aug 7 07:14:47 MST 2007

You seem to completely lack an understanding of how 3D simulation and
graphics work. Nobody uses screen shots for a 3D simulation. I suggest
you first go to the site http://www.gamedev.net/ and look in the "for
beginners" "start here" section. Read the reference material on 3D
graphics, which includes things like models, textures, animations, and
the 3D pipeline. Then read up on physical simulation in general, of
which ODE is one of many approaches. When you know enough of those
subjects, ODE (and this mailing list) can help you.

If you work at it, and already know how to write working code for
computer programs, and already know enough linear algebra to understand
3D representation (vectors, matrices, projections mostly), I believe you
can self-teach yourself enough 3D graphics to be at that point six
months from now, assuming you are motivated.

Cheers,

          / h+