[ODE] Cylinders on the ground

Christoph Beyer boernerb at web.de
Thu Apr 26 06:48:55 MST 2007

Hello,

I know this behavier, bacause I have written the cyl/plane-collider.
I thin this isn't a bug, because if you presume "ideal" conditions with
no "powerloss",
a cylinder qould rollover again and again. In real worl, you hav
surfaces wich are more soft and damping,
so the cylinder gets lower and lower, until he stops, lying on the ground.
The only thin you have to do is either to damp the cylinder all the time
or to damp the contact-depth of  the cylinder/plane-contactdata.
playing with the CFM value is also an option.

Cheers

Christoph