[ODE] ODE in GLScene

pajur pjgymtri at seznam.cz
Sat Apr 21 06:11:07 MST 2007

This question is mainly for people, who use ODE dynamic behaviour of
components in GLScene (Delphi library).

After some playing with GLScene I have decided to compare some very basic
model with Matlab model. My model consist only of one rotating disc actuated
by torque (very simple). So I have put a GLCylinder to my scene, assigned
ODE Dynamic behaviour to it and define ODE element. Then I have created
Matlab model, supplied GLScene parameters and compared angular velocity of
both models. But the results are very different (in GLScene the angular
velocity was about twice bigger). Do you have any idea what can be reason
for that? Am I missing some basic fact? Is moment of inertia calculated
automatically if I select ODE Dynamic behaviour of a cylinder? Thanks for
any response...