[ODE] Changing time step realtime?

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Mon Apr 16 12:08:26 MST 2007

You will have an instability when you change the time step, but that's a
one-time event in this case (i e, you might want to double the step, or
add 0.01 to it, or something, if the CPU is too slow). Things lying on
the floor will "bounce" the step after you change the time step, but if
the time step is then consistent, they will settle down (assuming you
dampen the system properly in general).

Cheers,

          / h+