[ODE] contact points

Jaroslav Sinecky jsinecky at tiscali.cz
Wed Apr 11 23:38:18 MST 2007

Hi,
the orientation of normal has to be consistent with ordering of g1 and
g2 (as you say it yourself). If you save box1 into g1 field of resulting
dContact structure and box2 into g2, normal should point from box2 into
box1. You can also save box1 into g2 and box2 into g1 and flip the
normal in that case (from box1 into box2).
The ode manual is very precise on this:
"The convention is that if body 1 is moved along the normal vector by a
distance depth (or equivalently
if body 2 is moved the same distance in the opposite direction) then the
contact depth will be reduced to
zero. This means that the normal vector points ”in” to body 1."

Hope this helps,
Jaroslav