[ODE] correctly using dContactGeom structur

Jaroslav Sinecky jsinecky at tiscali.cz
Thu Sep 28 10:30:13 MST 2006

Well this is the difficult part of collision routeen and it's really
tough to make it optimal for all situations. I remember the
cylinder/plane (or was it cylinder/triangle) code had a define to choose
how many contacts should be generated when standing on cap. Yes, 3
should be enough to stand still, but if you then hit the cylinder
slightly is certain direction, it will fall over more easily than it should.
I can only say if two cylinders are standing one on the top of the
other, more than 2 contatcs will be needed but as said here already
before, good cylinder/cylinder collider will not be easy.