[ODE] small sized capsule on heightmap problem

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Tue Sep 26 09:53:30 MST 2006

The terrain is infinitely thin. This means that objects can tunnel
through terrain, if they move quickly in a single time step. The
solution is to make the objects bigger, to take much smaller time steps,
or to do some kind of continuous collision (like casting a ray or
capsule between old and new position each step).

Cheers,

          / h+