[ODE] Disabling geometries

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Thu Sep 21 02:23:21 MST 2006

Matthew Reid wrote:
> Hi.
> I'm having some problems with disabling geometries with dGeomDisable(). When
> I disable a geometry, I find that it still generates contacts. The state of
> the geometry in the collision call back is usually shown as enabled,
> although it sometimes shows up as being disabled. I've tested this with
> capsules, spheres, and boxes against rays and trimesh.
>
> I have two questions - what's causing the geometry to be automatically
> re-enabled? And how is it possible for a disabled geometry to generate
> contacts?

Have you thought about the option of simply adjusting your near callback?
In you near callback, ignoring certain geoms is trivial.

  Bram

> Thanks,
> Matthew

Bram Stolk, VR Engineer SARA, Amsterdam.   tel +31 20 592 3000

"Windows is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit
 operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a 2-bit
 company that can't stand 1 bit of competition."