[ODE] Disabling geometries

Matthew Reid f14_tomcat1 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 21 00:59:06 MST 2006

Hi.
I'm having some problems with disabling geometries with dGeomDisable(). When
I disable a geometry, I find that it still generates contacts. The state of
the geometry in the collision call back is usually shown as enabled,
although it sometimes shows up as being disabled. I've tested this with
capsules, spheres, and boxes against rays and trimesh.

I have two questions - what's causing the geometry to be automatically
re-enabled? And how is it possible for a disabled geometry to generate
contacts?

Thanks,
Matthew