[ODE] TR: cylinder plane bug3

LR logreg at free.fr
Wed Sep 20 05:05:26 MST 2006

Hi,

I've just tested new cylinder version and it works fine :) very good !!

I reported that (even if it not make sense) i found the problem when i
started using Offsets instead of transform geom. The following table shows
the problems i have/had

Note: time step=0.01, mass about 0.5 to 2 Kg, lengths about 0.5 to 1 meter,
I can switch from transformgeoms to offsets using #define. In my software,
all geoms are proceeded with the same way, not depanding of it's type...

* BEFORE the today cylinder update
1] using TransforGeoms
Cylinder/Plane : OK
Cylinder/Sphere: not OK: bad contacts points when cylinder own a rotation
Trimesh/Plane: OK

2] using Offsets:
Cylinder/Plane : Falling circle tutched the floor
Cylinder/Sphere: OK
Trimesh plane : Falling

* AFTER the today cylinder update:
1] using TransforGeoms
Cylinder/Plane : OK
Cylinder/Sphere: not OK: bad contacts points when cylinder own a rotation
Trimesh/Plane: OK

2] using Offsets:
Cylinder/Plane : OK
Cylinder/Sphere: OK