[ODE] cylinder plane bug

Geoff Carlton gcarlton at iinet.net.au
Tue Sep 19 16:43:07 MST 2006

LR wrote:
>  I don't know if it can help but :
>
> - cylinder/plane is ok when encapsulated in a transform geom ...

I don't think geom offsets are the culprit here.  In your last example,
you can get the same "drop through floor" failure if you just set the
rotation of the cyl upside down in reset_state:
  dMatrix3 mat;
  dRFromAxisAndAngle(mat,1.0f,0.0f,0.0f,M_PI);
  dGeomSetRotation(cylgeom,mat);

That may be fixed with the recent progress on the cyl-plane collider,
I'm not sure.  Anyway, the problems with contact generation are almost
certainly independant of any offsets/transforms you use, except for the
fact that you are probably flushing them out by experimenting with
various geom orientations.

Thanks,
Geoff