[ODE] Getting started with ODE and Microsoft Visual C++ Express

David Walters hidden.asbestos at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 19 09:20:01 MST 2006

> I just downloaded ode-win32-0.7.zip. I unzipped it and am looking at the
> INSTALL.txt file. It has similar instructions regarding a build directory,
> but I still don't see a build directory. The only directories I have are
> docs, lib, and include.

You've downloaded the pre-built win32 binaries, if you'd like to build
from source you'll need:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/opende/ode-src-0.7.zip?download

Also, as Visual C++ Express is basically Visual Studio 2005, and
you'll be best off using the project files from that subdirectory in
'build'.

HTH,
Dave