[ODE] Opcode and Cylinder collision.

David Walters hidden.asbestos at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 15 23:38:49 MST 2006

> I  have noticed in the box stack test that cylinders penetrate each other
> during collisions. so this lead me to believe that the Cylinder collision
> code has some problem with it.

You are correct, cylinder vs cylinder and cylinder vs capsule
collisions do not currently work. We are still waiting for someone to
submit patches to support these collision combinations.

For a complete list or what's supported, check out this handy matrix
in the wiki manual:
http://opende.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Manual_%28Collision_Detection%29
as you can see, that's pretty much the only hole in ODE's collision
support right now. (convex hull support is still early in development)

> Also, under VC 8, does ODE automatically use opcode or is there something
> that has to be done first so it does?
> because i am not sure if with my current setting I am using Opcode or not.

If you are using the default config.h file and projects included with
a release since 0.6 then it's very likely that you are. The definitive
test is whether trimesh collisions work in the tests. If "#define
dTRIMESH_ENABLED 1" is in config.h then it should work.

Regards,
Dave