[ODE] Official ODE Bindings for .NET 2.0?

Terry L. Triplett c0d3g33k at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 09:47:20 MST 2006

The Tao (the whole project, not just Tao.Ode) build system is
autotools-based, and is .NET 2.0 only in SVN head.  You could look there for
inspiration - it's geared for cross-platform compatibility, so you'll find
all the tests to configure for .NET and Mono builds.

Since ODE's build system is autotools based, it should be simple enough to
add the .NET stuff to the existing build system, if that's what you want.

It might be easier, though, to keep the C/C++ and .NET builds separate to
avoid complicating things, given that the .NET bindings don't need to know
anything about the C/C++ side of things at build time.  Since the binding
happens at run-time, all that really should be required is that the native
ODE library has been built - and then only if you want to run something
(like tests).  It should be simple enough to check for the ODE shared
library in the standard build output location, and complain and abort if
it's not there (or bootstrap the native build, I suppose).