[ODE] ODE and OPCODE

Wesley Smith wesley.hoke at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 10:07:57 MST 2006

Thanks for the responses so far.  I've been looking a bit more
carefully through the headere files.  Here's what I've noticed about
my errors:

I'm getting an error in OPC_Common.h: "Point not defined".

In collision_trimesh_internal.h, Opcode.h is included

> In Opcode.h,  OPC_IceHook.h is included
     |

     |> In OPC_IceHook.h within namespace IceMaths, Ice/IcePoint.h
where Point is defined

|>In Opcode.h, in namespace Opcode OPC_Common.h is included

Given this structure with the order of includes and namespaces, I
don't see how the definition of Point in IcePoint.h can make it to
OPC_Common.h.  How on Earth does it get through those namespace
declarations?  Yes, the header files are in the right order, meaning
that Point is theoretically defined in the headerse before
OPC_Common.h comes along, but given the rules of C++ I don't see how
it would be in the same namespace.

Anyone have insights here?

thanks,
wes