[ODE] In search of TriMesh optimizations

Tim Sorrells tsorrells at breakawayltd.com
Fri Sep 1 07:25:14 MST 2006

I have a person that I would like polygon-accurate collision for.  He's
composed of about 9000 verts and 20000 polys.  Obviously this is a large
model to perform this kind of collision on.  Mostly he'll have ropes
(chains of capsules) colliding with him.  I get about 10 fps currently.
So my question is what optimization strategies could I try using to help
out with performance and is there anything coming in the next version of
ODE that would help with this?