[ODE] 0.6 vs 0.5

Jason Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 06:22:37 MST 2006

On 8/31/06, Thomas Yeh <tomyeh at cs.ucla.edu> wrote:
> I've been working with ODE 0.5, and I am currently looking to transition
> to 0.6. What are the major changes? in terms of bugs and new features?

The biggest changes in 0.6 are much improved trimesh collision support
and a new (improved?) build system. As David mentioned, there were
also a lot of small fixes and performance improvements over those two
years between releases that are not listed anywhere.

The API itself did not change very much between 0.5 and 0.6, it should
not take much effort to upgrade.

Jason