[ODE] how to use ode in two-dimesional space?

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Mon Oct 30 02:04:08 MST 2006

??? wrote:
> senior persions:
>    I am a novice, and very intereted in it.
> Now I have a little problem, about how to use ode in two-dimesional space?
> for example:
> The effect that ten balls in 3-dimension drop from one higher
> position to the ground is obviously different from the effect in 2-dimension
>
> anybody knows, plz help me, thanx!

there is a plane2d joint.
see the example app at:

ode/test/test_plane2d

in your opende source tree.

  Bram

Bram Stolk, VR Engineer SARA, Amsterdam.   tel +31 20 592 3000

"Windows is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit
 operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a 2-bit
 company that can't stand 1 bit of competition."