[ODE] ODE-GIMPACT performance and advices

Pierre Terdiman pierre.terdiman at novodex.com
Fri Oct 27 08:03:32 MST 2006

> > I don't see the point in optimizing for "pseudo static" objects, because
> > there are really not the common case.
>
> Destructable structures (houses, deformable terrain... )?

Well, that's what I'm saying: it's not the common case. You destroy a house
or modify the terrain from time to time. Once in a while. However you
collide against the terrain with dynamic objects *all the time*.

So, do you want to optimize the case that happens once in a while, or the
case that always happens? :)

- Pierre