[ODE] ODE-GIMPACT performance and advices

Jason Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 05:06:06 MST 2006

On 10/26/06, Flavien Brebion <f.brebion at vrcontext.com> wrote:
> I just wanted to speak of those issues since i saw many people on this
> mailing list proposing to replace Opcode by GImpact.

Just want to jump in here to say: no one is planning on removing
OPCODE from ODE. We are discussing adding GIMPACT as another option.
Before GIMPACT would have a chance at becoming the default trimesh
collider it would have to be integrated cleanly, and build and run on
all of the platforms ODE supports. As long as there are situations
that OPCODE handles better it will remain part of ODE, just as the old
steppers are still around.

Jason